Click below to schedule your phone consultation:
• Have you heard that your body is mostly water? Did you know that a majority of that water is actually lymph fluid? Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) was developed in Europe in the 1930’s by Dr. Emil and Estrid Vodder.
Dr. Vodder MLD is recognized worldwide as the gold standard of MLD techniques because it is considered to be the safest, most effective, and gentlest approach to cleansing the body’s tissues and results in a profound detoxifying effect.
• MLD benefits more than 60 different health conditions. Scientific studies, as well as vast clinical experience, have supported the effectiveness of MLD.
• Your lymphatic system can be thought of as the garbage collection system of the body, and as such, flushes toxins and waste out of every cell, tissue and organ. In this way, the lymph system plays a vital role in your immune system.
• Lymphatic drainage is a gentle process that encourages these channels to drain and clear up, improving health both mentally and physically.
• Skepticism is encouraged, especially if you are unfamiliar with lymphatic drainage and are just now exploring its potential benefits. Don’t worry- its benefits are well supported via clinical studies. Studies have demonstrated its benefits benefits with respect to breast cancer and general well-being. If you’re diving deep and doing your homework, we recommend these studies to start:
• Obtain Dr's approval before seeing me.
• May alleviate side effects of treatment.
Bonnie Wentworth, Executive Coach, Berkeley, CA
Michelle Garber, Cosmetic Surgery Coach, San Francisco, CA
Janine Giordanelli, Esthetician, San Francisco, CA
My sincere desire is to help the right people to achieve true breakthroughs in their life. If you're looking for a true partner to help you to break through your health challenges to achieve your desired health outcomes in the most natural and efficient way, I'm your gal!
• I’ll start with a chat with you to hear what brings you in for Lymphatic Drainange so that your specific needs and wants are clear and well understood.
• Then you'll complete a health intake form so that I understand .your complete health history and how that pertains to your current challenges.
• If at this stage we agree that we're not a fit to work together, I'll refer you to someone who is more appropriate.
• If we are a fit, GREAT, we proceed to the next step!
• With this vital information, we can create a long-term care plan with short term milestones, that brings you from where you are right now to where you want to be in a way that works for you and your lifestyle.
• I will include my MLD services in this plan, and may include other modalities I offer such as bodywork and skin care, in addition to the services of other complimentary practitioners as appropriate to meet your health milestones in the best way possible.
• We'll act upon the plan, and I'll monitor your progress closely for signs of improvement.
• I'll also be looking for potential warning signs that signal a slightly modifed approach is appropriate.
• All health outcomes are valuable information, and this information will help me to adjust the plan to guide you to your desired outcome quickly and easily.
• I have helped thousands of people achieve their freedom, mobility and wellness goals.
• I have been a Vodder-certified Manual Lymph Drainage therapist since 2009, and have been in my south Berkeley office since 2017.
• I also maintain several certifications in multiple modalities of hands-on therapeutic bodywork, skincare, and nutrition.
• I have been practicing for almost three decades.
• My office is at 2034 Blake Street, #2, on the second floor over the Medical Supply Store, between Shattuck Ave. and Milvia St., 8 blocks north of the Ashby BART, and 8 blocks south of the Downtown Berkeley BART station, and a short 20 minute drive from San Francisco.
• If you need or want the most relaxing experience possible, I am partnered with Lyft to provide car service for your appointments, and can build it into your package if desired.
• Hiring car service (Lyft or Uber) is particularly appropriate immediately post-op, even if you feel you "can do it", it's still not a good idea as you will be in a hyper-relaxed, optimal healing state after the treatment, and it's a good idea to remain in that state to maximize the healing and recovery effects, and being in the drivers seat of a car in traffic is not advised.
• I see clients from from Mon. to Sat. My office hours are:
• To get to my office, go to the front door, which is on the far right of the building.
• The front door is open during business hours on weekdays. Just push the door and walk in. On Saturday, just call me (Ida Friedman) from the intercom, or call 510-808-6162, and I'll buzz you in.
Click below to schedule your phone consultation.